A research app for carrying scientific studies regarding eating habits in UK
The application features:
- Adding and monitoring the nutritional values of meals consumed in regular time periods.
- Tracking the body mass index.
- Reviewing the patient’s progress.
- A fully featured message box for contact between the patient and the nutritionist.
- Integration with a Bluetooth Low Energy scale for precise dish mass input.
The client conducted research regarding eating habits among British children and came to us with a need for a complex system consisting of an Android application and a web panel. The system had to log and store the meals consumed by the studied children.
The mobile system we designed incorporated a module for adding products through a search engine and/or a barcode scanner – the little patients could easily add their meals, their weight and monitor their nutritional goals. The web panel was created to allow the nutritionist for an easy monitoring of the patients and swift communication through an integrated message box. The whole application activity was visible in the web panel. All the prototypes with descriptions and functional requirements were created by Nomtek. Notable technologies: Bluetooth 4.0
A complete system for monitoring diet and collecting quantifiable data. Neither the application, nor the web panel is accessible publicly due to it being used solely in an enclosed research environment.