Building _Yond: Interior Design's MAD Awards Finalist
Yond is an immersive installation that seamlessly blends augmented and virtual reality to create a truly unforgettable experience. Designed by a team of talented creatives, Yond was first presented during the Infinity Festival 2022. In April 2023, Yond was recognized as Interior Design's 2023 MAD Awards finalist.
Developing a blended reality experience in six weeks
Creating an immersive blended reality experience in just six weeks is a challenge, but there are strategies that can help you optimize development time for XR experiences.
Here’s what to do:
- Create a cross-functional team that collaborates on the creative and the delivery sides of the project. Aim for a very tight collaboration.
- Let the creative team focus on storytelling and the internal and external vibe of the experience. It’s also time to work out dialogues, lighting, colors, proportions, and shades.
- The development team should work on the interaction methods as soon as possible. Then there’s the careful exploration of performance vs. visual fidelity consulted heavily with the creative team.
Best practices during a live XR event
Developing an XR experience is only part of the project — hosting the booth with it for the best user experience is critical to success. We've worked out a set of best practices during Infinity Festival 2022.
- Assign one support person to each user to ensure technical issues are solved quickly.
- Have multiple devices at hand to prevent negative user experiences in case of a device malfunction.
- Gradually introduce users into the experience to enhance the sense of immersion and freedom of movement.
- Match the physical space to the virtual world to boost the user experience.
- Turn off the Guardian effect to avoid spoiling the experience but be close to the user to keep them safe.
The whole project was rife with many hurdles and unforeseen twists that threatened to affect the deadline. But the effort and experience helped us navigate it safely, and give the participants of the Infinity Festival a “wow-like” experience.
"I found Nomtek in the top 1% for having good communication, a metrics-based, results-based approach.
As a CEO who previously founded a division of Warner Bros., I’m super skeptical of consultants and tough on results. But I was wowed by Nomtek’s instant grasp of our goals, their mastery of the technology and marketplace, and their best-in-the-industry communication and transparency."
Join our webinar to learn how we built _Yond in six weeks
Since this was an immense learning opportunity, we’d like to share our knowledge and expertise with you. Join our webinar where you'll learn the best practices for designing and developing a blended reality experience in just six weeks.
In this webinar, you'll learn:
- The key elements of an immersive blended reality experience
- How to plan and manage your project to ensure success
- Best practices for hardware and software integration
- Tips for enhancing user experience and immersion
- Strategies for optimizing performance and graphics quality
Don't miss this opportunity to learn from our team of experts and discover how you can create your own immersive blended reality experience.
Register now for our upcoming webinar!
Night Embassy Berlin is an annual event organized by Jagermeister. We worked with Jagermeister to create an innovative form of art expression in mixed reality for one of Night Embassy's performances.View Case
AREA15 is an immersive entertainment venue in Las Vegas, US. We worked with AREA15 to create an engaging AR app and add another layer of interactivity to the experience.View Case
Nomtek & Londubh & Nomtek & Londubh & Nomtek & Londuvh & Nomtek & Londubh
Wireframes & Mockups
Wireframes and mockups are graphic representations of your product that help you get a better idea of how it will look. Wireframes outline the app’s context. Mockups are a high-fidelity representation of the product, with defined color schemes, typography, and UI elements.
A prototype adds a layer of interactivity to a high-fidelity mockup. Prototypes are a handy tool to collect feedback from test users on interactions and user experience.
A design system is a collection of typography rules, UI components, icons, and other visuals of your brand. Design systems increase development speed, ensure alignment between teams, and help maintain a consistent user experience.
Change the heading_
Langenscheidt is a renowned language learning publisher, with decades of experience in the industry. We partnered with Langenscheidt to build a vocabulary training app that helps learn languages more effectively.View Case
Gebraucht.de came up with an idea to offer customers a better way to sell used goods. We worked with Gebraucht to help the company build an m-commerce shopping application.View Case
BEAT81 is a German-based fitness company that offers local training sessions. We worked with BEAT81 to build a mobile app where users can book workouts across multiple locations in big cities.View Case
AR Smart Packaging is an augmented reality project we did for Gebraucht to help the company improve the selling process in their mobile commerce application.View Case